Data privacy statement
SOLEOS takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. SOLEOS will treat your personal data confidentially and in compliance with data protection law and this data privacy statement.
The website, www.soleos.com, can normally be used without providing any personal data. Where personal data such as, for example, name, address or email address, are collected on the websites of SOLEOS, this will always be done on a voluntary basis, if possible. Those data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
SOLEOS hereby points out that data transmissions on the Internet such as, for example, when communicating by email, may have security gaps. A complete protection of the data against an access by third parties is not possible.
1. Name and contact details of the controller
This data privacy statement applies to data processing by:
SOLEOS Rechtsanwälte Gimple Neuenhahn Partnerschaft mbB
Rosental 6, 80331
Phone: +49 (0) 89 / 45 22 423 – 0; Fax: +49 (0) 89 / 45 22 423 – 11
2. Collection and storage of personal data; Type, purpose and use of personal data
When accessing the website, www.soleos.com, the browser used on your terminal device will automatically send information to the server of the website of SOLEOS. That information will be stored temporarily in a “log file”. In that respect, the following information will be collected without any action on your part and will be stored until their automatic deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of the access,
- name and URL of the called-up file,
- the website from which an access is made (Referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data will be collected for the following purposes:
- warranting a seamless connection establishment,
- warranting a comfortable use of the SOLEOS website,
- analysing system security and stability, and
- other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is the first sentence of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. The legitimate interest follows from the aforementioned purposes of the data collection. SOLEOS will in no event use the collected data to identify you.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for any purpose other than the following purposes. SOLEOS may only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent as required by the first sentence of Article 6(1)(a) GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR to assert, exercise or defend legal rights and if there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- there exists a legal obligation to disclose in accordance with the first sentence of Article 6(1)(c) GDPR, or
- the disclosure is lawful and necessary for the performance of a contract with you in accordance with the first sentence of Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
In cookies, information is stored which is generated subject to the specific terminal device used from time to time. This does not, however, mean that SOLEOS will thereby learn your identity.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can, however, configure your browser such that no cookies will be stored on your computer or that a notice will always appear before a new cookie is set.
5. Analysis tools
The tracking measures described below, which are used by SOLEOS, will be performed in accordance with the first sentence of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. By the tracking measures used, SOLEOS intends to ensure a needs-based structure and the continuous optimisation of the website. On the other hand, SOLEOS uses the tracking measures to document the use of the website for statistical purposes and to analyse that information for the purpose of optimising the offer for you. Those interests qualify as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision. The respective purposes of the data processing and the datacategories are specified in the relevant tracking tools.
To ensure a needs-based structure and the continuous optimisation of the website, SOLEOS uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter “Google”). In that context, pseudonymised user profiles will be prepared and “cookies” will be used. “Cookies” are small text files which are stored on your computer and facilitate an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by cookies regarding the use of the website, www.soleos.com, such as
- browser type and version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the page visited before),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request,
will be transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and will be stored there. The information will be used to analyse the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to provide other services relating to the use of the website and the Internet for the purpose of market research and the needs-based structuring of the website. That information will possibly be transmitted to third parties if this is prescribed by law or if third parties process those data. In no event will your IP address be aggregated with other data of Google. The IP addresses will by anonymised, so that an allocation is not possible (IP Masking).
You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser accordingly; SOLEOS hereby points out, however, that this might result in not all functions of the website being capable of being used. You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by cookies relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of those data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on. As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular, in relation to browsers on mobile terminal devices, you can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. An opt-out cookie will be set, which will prevent the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie will only be valid in your browser and only for the website, www.soleos.com, and will be placed in your device. If you delete the cookies in that browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
Additional information regarding privacy in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
SOLEOS has entered into an agreement on commissioned data processing with Google and fully implements the strict requirements set by the German data protection authorities in relation to the use of Google Analytics.
6. Social Media plug-ins
On its website, SOLEOS uses social plug-ins of the social network services LinkedIn, Xing and Twitter, on the basis of the first sentence of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, to make SOLEOS better known thereby. These functions are offered by
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland, for LinkedIn,
- New Work SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany, for XING and
- Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA, for Twitter.
The underlying advertising purpose must be considered to be a legitimate interest of SOLEOS. The respective supplier is responsible for the operation in compliance with data protection law. The integration of the plug-ins by SOLEOS is made by way of the “double-click” procedure to protect visitors to the website, www.soleos.com, in the best possible manner. The plug-ins of the social network services can be recognised by the respective logo on the website, www.soleos.com.
If you call up a page of the website which contains such a plug-in, a direct connection between your browser and the server of the respective social network service will be established. Thereby, the respective social network service will obtain the information that you have visited the website of SOLEOS with your IP address. If you click the “button” of one of the social network services while you are logged in to your corresponding network account, you can link the contents of the website of SOLEOS on your network profile. Thereby, the respective social network service can allocate the visit to the website of SOLEOS to your user account. SOLEOS hereby points out that SOLEOS, as the operator of the website, will not gain any knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and their use by the respective social network service. If you do not wish that the respective social network service will be able to allocate the visit to the websites of SOLEOS, please log off from your respective network account. Additional information can be found in the data privacy statements of LinkedIn, Xing and Twitter at
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information concerning your personal data processed by SOLEOS in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may demand information regarding the purposes of the processing, the categories of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data were, or are, disclosed, the intended storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of the processing or revocation, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data which were not collected by SOLEOS, as well as the existence of automated decision-making and profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information regarding its details;
- to request, without undue delay, the correction of inaccurate personal data concerning you stored by SOLEOS, or their completion, in accordance with Article 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by SOLEOS in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right of free expression and information, to perform a legal obligation, for reasons based on public interest, or to assert, exercise or defend legal rights;
- to request the restriction of the processing in accordance with Article 18 GDPR if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, if the processing is unlawful but you reject their deletion, or if SOLEOS no longer requires the data, while you require them to assert, exercise or defend legal rights, or if you have objected to the processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR;
- to be provided with the data provided by you to SOLEOS in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request a transmission to another controller in accordance with Article 20 GDPR;
- to withdraw the consent once given at any time by a declaration to SOLEOS in accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR. This has the consequence that SOLEOS may no longer perform the processing activities based on that consent; and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 GDPR. To do this, you can normally contact the supervisory authority of your habitual place of abode or place of work, or the seat of our firm.
8. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with the first sentence of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, you will have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, if there exist reasons which result from your particular situation, or if the objection relates to direct advertising. In the latter case, you will have a general right to object, which will be implemented without stating a particular situation. To exercise your right of revocation or right to object, the transmission of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.
9. Data security
SOLEOS has taken appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or an unauthorised access by third parties. The security measures of SOLEOS will be constantly improved in accordance with the technological development.
10. Topicality and modifications of this data privacy statement
This data privacy statement is valid as of January 2020.
As a result of the further development of the website and offers by SOLEOS, or owing to changed statutory or official requirements, it may be necessary to modify this data privacy statement.